Hiya Y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texancat

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well i live in Texas I'm about to be 20 and I guess I've been keeping fish all my life, at least helping my mom do so. She was a fish breeder until a little while after she had me. I still have a electric blue African Cichlid thats been around since i was in a baby.

When i was little I always halped my mom by cleaning the tanks while they dumped the water. After awhile they got rid of all the tanks(i wish they kept!!) except a 55 gallon and a 15 gall. The 55 gall was left unattended for soon years with one lone Jackie Blue(the cichlid mentioned above) and the 15 put up in the shed. I don't know when but I took over my moms job and gave Jackie's tank a big cleaning, and i've been doing more and more fish keeping since.

Now i still have Jackie blue and his tank and i gave him some pals, a large Pleco, a Gaint Danio (that i just had to save) and a Peppered Cory that i know needs his own crew. And guys, i know, a weird bunch to put together, some may even say terrible, but it works guys. maybe just for this bunch but it does. I also pulled out the 15 gall, and now i have two male bettas that look like they should be little brother and big brother. I actually got the second one recently when a friend was moving and couldn't keep it (and shouldnt to be honest). they tank it divided, so no worries there. My mom wanted guppies again, so last summer we got a kiddie pool and set it up and we have guppies again. I'm about to move them back outside tomorrow actually. And i have a empty 20 gall from when petsmart started selling the new tanks for a dollar a gallon, i just had to. (i got the 40 gal too that the guppies are in now).

I'll tell you what im not good at, new plants!! when i started cleaning Jackies tank at the beginning, it was over grown with these plants, that i still dont know what are, but they are the only ones i can keep alive. and i DID do research on the new ones i was buying. :banghead:
Well thats my fish story.

Welcome :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Back
Top Bottom