How is everyone doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imianman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My name is Ian and I'm in the new York army national guard. I have a 20 gallon set up right now with 2 ocellaris clowns and two emerald crabs, I've had the fish for three weeks and the crabs for one. I hope to learn as much as I can from this forum as I am new to saltwater aquariums.

Welcome to the forum, you picked the best one on the internet. LOL

Do you have a full tank shot or maybe some other photos? We love pictures here. :-D

Here are a couple of shots of the tank. I have an officer in the unit that has a reef tank, he's donating some coral in a month or so.

Attachments

• image-1875871770.jpg
    image-1875871770.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 96
  • image-3996531683.jpg
    image-3996531683.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image-4052574549.jpg
    image-4052574549.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2859949626.jpg
    image-2859949626.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 81
Welcome to AA! :)

Nice start. Thanks for serving.

Nice little tank you got there. :) Clowns are adorable! lol

Planning on some more rock or anything ?

I'm going to get some more live rock. In a few months I'll try an anemone and I have someone donating coral frags. Maybe one more small fish, looking at a chalk bass. I may even get a bigger tank, I'll probably need it.

Welcome and as a fire chief I want to thank you for what you do for our country and our freedom! Bless you!

Stay safe.

Thanks guys, it's the fishes safety I'm worried about. They are like my kids.

What kind of light do you have now? Most likely you will have to upgrade in order to house an anemone. :) They require pristine water, and high lighting.

Right now it's not big, the same guy who is donating coral is going to sell me an older light he has. The fish have been in the tank for three weeks and ph is 8.4 and all other levels are zero. Slowly increasing the bio-load to see what it can handle.

I have a diatom problem but I work hard to keep it clean. I'm told that the diatom problem will go away?

Fixed the diatom problem, added snails shrimp and a new fish and the rest of the live rock I wanted.

Attachments

• image-1675843975.jpg
    image-1675843975.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 69
Update. The tank is doing awesome. The last fish and shrimp that bought where killed by the clowns. I now have an anemone but that's a different thread. I just want to say thank you for all your help, soon I will have the experience to answer question on here myself.

Back
Top Bottom