Howdy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal Mother

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone. My name is Dale, and I am a cephalopodaholic. *wave*

I've been in the hobby for about 3 years now. Actually 5 years, but since I converted to saltwater I don't even consider the freshwater experience... although I do miss my Oscars.

I got into the saltwater hobby with one purpose. Keeping octopuses. So far I've managed to keep 4 different species. O. briareus, O. mercatoris, O. hummelincki (filosus), and Abdopus aculeatus.

I've put a lot of time into research (easy to do when you're obsessed!) and I'm really wanting to help spread the knowledge about these wonderful creatures so I'll actually have more people to talk to about my wonderful addiction. All you fish people have each other... but us 'pus lovers are far and few between. I wanna change that.

Anyway, here's some video clips of my current resident octos.

Kalypso, my Octopus briareus (Caribbean Reef Octopus)

Grover, my Abdopus aculeatus (Bi-pedal Octopus)

Welcome to the site!!! Those are some awesome videos, I've never seen a tank kept octopus before. Thanks for the videos, quite interesting! :)

wow... youve got some serious tankage

Yeah. I started out with one little 10 gallon tank and then my girlfriend took interest in seahorses. There's a few empty tanks of various sizes sitting around the house as well. We'll either sell them or find something else to use them for.

Addiction!

Welcome to AA! Many of our members, myself included, started with a small tank and got addicted and ended up with multiples.

Back
Top Bottom