Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
I went with the granite because I wanted a perfectly flat surface, that and I know the granite isn't going to shrink or swell or move for that matter.

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I'm a bit late but I welcome you to AA all the same!

AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

My husband took a few business trips to South Charleston, WV. He said it was a nice place.

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to Dyami
It is very nice here

It is very nice here, I moved here from southern Ohio and I liked enough to buy a house here and settle down.

There is quite a bit more business here than I ever imagined before I started working with company I work for now. But I love it, I get to travel everyday and meet new people. If he ever gets to come back to charleston and he likes fish tell him to stop in Nitro at JoMars Pet store.

I found them here earlier this week, and definatly the best fish place I have ever been into.

I am going to be starting a build (late) page here after I get the battery for my camera replaced. I had to order one but should be here next week.

I can't wait.

I am kicking myself for moving an anenome last night. It was extreley dark colored and small and I wanted to get a picture, but for some reason I felt it neccisary to move it from the sump where I found it to the main tank and I got it attached to a peice of rock. I placed it in the main tank and and five minutes later it was gone.

I don't think I have anything that would eat it, just a tand and a few damsels, but I didn't even get a great look at it because I was working on a new pump and trying to get flows right. My new sump pump out runs my syphon flow tube by a lot so I had to stop the pump and syphon and install the valve on the return pump to trim it back.
Dyami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Adding that valve will put more back pressure on the pump. Can you replace the pump with one that matches your overflow output?
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to Dyami
Instead of changing the pump I am going to add more overflow. I was very underpowerd on the return pump before. All I had was a MaxiJet 1200.

I am going to add another overflow so I can open the return pump back up.

I just have to do some math and find out how much J tube flows and add accordingly.

In all, this has actually given me the reason I need to rebuild the overflow tanks. I made them out of dollar store pitchers. They are small and don't allow enough flow anyway. They do work, but not as well as I would like and they definatly don't look the greatest. I have been doing this all a little peice at a time and haven't had much extra cash to do it. The tank is a frankenstein of sorts, but is getting better month by month. It is at least stable and does the job, but it has room for improvements.

I appreciate the concern and I know it isn't the greatest, but it is temporary and will not stay that way for more than a month.

BTW what is the best way to cut plexiglass?

Dyami is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com