I am new and have a problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalluver77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am new here and I found this place looking for an answer to my aquarium issues!

There is this white Slime stuff, growing in my tank. I have ghost shrimp and my beta was in there, until I took him out, I want to buy some nice fish to put in there - nothing goes with beta's lol

So any ways, The white slime stuff is growing on the along the sides at the top, on my cave, and even the plastic plants. Its not foggy or anything, its very clear.

just the other day, my filter was running really slow like it was having trouble operating. So I looked closely at the tubing and everything, and i found this weird white slim in the tubes, so i cleaned it out with a never used toothbrush (and I'm never using the toothbrush lol! ) but it was gross, and now its growing in the sides at the top of the tank, its driving me crazy!

Any thoughts!

Have you tested your water? How large is this tank? How long has it been set up? Have you had something die in the tank?

I would start with water tests. Then I would do a large PWC and suck out as much of the "white" stuff as you can.

Welcome to AA!

Back
Top Bottom