I am the Saltiest of all the Meats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltymeat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, my name is Brandon, I am a 29 year old from Toronto, Canada. I live with my wife and my two absolutely horrible children ( don't judge until you met them, i swear it comes from her side of the family). We have been living in our house for a little over 6 years now and at that time i wanted to do something that I never got the opportunity to do as a child, start a fish tank!
My neighbour gave me his old 20 gallon in which i did up as a fresh water community tank with an ancient Rome theme. Less than a week after that i got another free 10 gallon tank and did that one up as a community tank as well. I've had those tanks run flawlessly for years, but holy cow how boring they were to me!
I finally decided that if i wanted to stay in the fish hobby i needed to do something Ive always dreamed of doing, a 100% natural discus tank!
I have now been working on this tank for over 6 months and am probably still a few months away from adding discus ( yea yea i know, im slow, but im major OCD and a perfectionist to a flaw in which i must know EVERYTHING about every aspect before i move on, and by now i can probably give you all a full history lesson on the origins and breeding habits of discus and everything else you could possibly know about them).
In fact a lot of my research kept bringing me back to the insanely knowledgeable people on this site, thus why i joined it.
I am an extremely critical ( but nice) person who loves to help others with their tanks ( even with my limited knowledge overall) and love to be critiqued as well. The harsher the better, i believe you cant get better unless everyone around you helps you and pushes you to those extremes. So my goal on this forum is to help and be helped by all you great enthusiasts to create the most beautiful, healthy and mind blowing tanks the world has ever seen!
I also included a pic of my half done 120 gallon discus tank for you all to see and critique til your hearts are content!

Attachments

• Fishtank.jpg
    Fishtank.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, and welcome. All I gotta say is you would not be a fan of my once discus tank (surviving 3 discus were sold 2 days ago after keeping them for 2 months)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awww, what happened?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not enough time. I'm a freshman in highschool so I have a lot of homework and I couldn't keep up with the waterchanges and such

Well, Finntastic, I hope that one day when life slows down ( and trust me, it doesnt) that you can try again and enjoy that absolute beauty of these fish. And to the rest, thanks for the warm welcome!

Well, Finntastic, I hope that one day when life slows down ( and trust me, it doesnt) that you can try again and enjoy that absolute beauty of these fish. And to the rest, thanks for the warm welcome!

I will keep them again when I have time and money

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see the tank with new Discus when the time is right!
Someday I dream of getting to that place to have Discus. There is a little while for me yet so I will enjoy yours and lots of others around here!!!

Back
Top Bottom