I blame my 5 year old....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeynuna

Aquarium Advice Regular
Relocated to St. Louis with job. From NYC and soon
This all started when my 5 year old son asked for Goldfish while at Wal-Mart. I bought 4 Goldfish and a 2 gal bowl. Then i found out it was cruel to keep them in the bowl. Now, my son could care less about the fish and the 4 Golddfish now live in a nice 40 gal tank with all the trimmings. My wife will tease me by saying "yeah, a $500 aquarium for 4 fish that were $1.98." This tank has replaced my TV viewing, I enjoy sitting and watching the fish. So, I guess i'm not blaming my son but thanking him.

Pretty much in the same situation! But getting into reef so probably worse off. I can blame my 6 y/o too though :)

I havent had an AQ in 6 or 8 years but my daughter wanted a red eared slider then we put in some tetras. Now I have 3 tanks including a 120 reef

By the way shes 4 yrs old

I have to blame my 17 year old teenager, he started out small then he just is going crazy now. Wait.... thats me! :lol:

Yep, well I had em as a kid and stopped when I went into the service out of high school, my son got a beautiful deep blue betta for his 2nd birthday for some jamoke.

Well, the betta lives a long time in a bowl till I got a 28g bowfront, then he lived longer, now I have 5 tanks up and running(52g,40gtall,15g QT,10g,10g) and 8 in the shed and two more 30g's and a 90g on the way.

I got a brand new maybe 5 hours of operation time 52" 1080HDp shebang hang on the wall that collects more dust then an abandoned house. I enjoy making my own stories and plots up as I watch their madness.

That`s when you know you have MTS when you start to blame someone else. LOL. Welcome aboard.

Denial is the first step towards admission of MTS.

Best part is there are cheap outlets for stuff out there and alot of people give the stuff away. I got most my tanks off curbs, fixed em( made sure no evidence of urine in sealant) cleaned em and set em up.

/ramble

I am going to blockbuster now

I can only blame myself. Then I infected my wife and kids...... Does that make me a bad person????

Same here, I bought a 10 gallon for my son a couple years ago and then proceeded to take the hobby as my own. Run a 55g planted tank, and my wife also teases the crap out of me.

Same thing happened here. Got a tank because the 2 year old would not leave the fish isle at the pet store. However I got bitten by the bug and now I watch the fish more then TV! However my daughter is still fascinated by the fish, and is learning to identify the larger fish. The other day she said "Look daddy Angel fish!".

Same thing happened here. Got a tank because the 2 year old would not leave the fish isle at the pet store. However I got bitten by the bug and now I watch the fish more then TV! However my daughter is still fascinated by the fish, and is learning to identify the larger fish. The other day she said "Look daddy Angel fish!".

congrats russ :) get her into the hobby at a early age and she will be a expert fish keeper when she is older :)

Hey russ stay on here long enough and you will learn alot yourself i am sure you already know alot just from readin posts the more ya read the more ya learn learn from others mistakes :)

Back
Top Bottom