I have a 36 gallon tank can I put bala sharks in there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_Nick_

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 36 gallon tank can I put bala sharks in there

Nope... Lol. Not a big enough tank. There are the dwarf varieties like rams, apistos, and keyholes, along with shell dwellers and convicts... Which are more aggressive. Maybe one convict and some tiger barbs instead?

Ok kool cause I have two tiger barbs all ready and a female betta

_Nick_ said:
Ok kool cause I have two tiger barbs all ready and a female betta

Umm... I would seriously think about moving that betta. You have 2 EXTREMELY nippy fish with a slow moving, long finned fish... It's just not a good combo. could you set up another tank for her? :) maybe a ten gallon with some more peaceful tank mates?

Na they Ben in the same tank for bout 3 months now the barbs don't even mess wit her they were in a 10 gallon tank now they are in a 36 gallon they get alone fine

Your Tiger Barbs should be in a group of at least 8 imo. They are schooling fish and do better with their own kind, in that they get less nippy cos they're too busy in-fighting.

I know I just got this 36 gallon tank imma get like 20 of em didn't want to put them all at one time and my new tank has sand in it so I was seeing was it ok for them and it is

_Nick_ said:
I know I just got this 36 gallon tank imma get like 20 of em didn't want to put them all at one time and my new tank has sand in it so I was seeing was it ok for them and it is

Don't get 20... Get 12.

Sand is fine, I have sand and tigers in my tank. I do recall an earlier thread from you about the cycling of your tank,in that it had only been cycled for about 6 hours. Did you get the kit advised and do the water changes? If not and your levels are shot please please please do not add any more fish.

Ive kept beta with tigers and crayfish with success, mutual respect for agression. Note the beta must be female to decrease length of fin. I think the rayfish worked with her because he was never on the same level of the tank as a labyrinth fish.

Back
Top Bottom