I know nothing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Except that I bought it from a person on Craigslist and not from a dealer- that's why I didn't know what it was. I guess I'm gonna dig a little deeper before putting a ticking bomb into my aquarium!:banghead:

Guppies and mollies prefer a temperature of around 76deg.F.

Except that I bought it from a person on Craigslist and not from a dealer- that's why I didn't know what it was. I guess I'm gonna dig a little deeper before putting a ticking bomb into my aquarium!:banghead:
Yeah, is there a serial number on it anywhere? Maybe you could call Marineland directly, they should be able to id the model from that.

Oooo yeah good call! I'm on it...

CRAP! Looks like I won't be using this one! This is definitely one of the models recalled- I may be able to take it in to a retailer & put it towards the price of another one, according to the rep.

Oooo yeah good call! I'm on it...

CRAP! Looks like I won't be using this one! This is definitely one of the models recalled- I may be able to take it in to a retailer & put it towards the price of another one, according to the rep.

Well at least now you know for sure and hopefully you'll be able to get some money off a new one :D

Well at least now you know for sure and hopefully you'll be able to get some money off a new one :D

I sure hope so! I'm awfully glad I checked first before plugging in a bomb in my living room! (that could ruin my day) :hide:

I sure appreciate your help! I'm absolutely positive there are more questions to follow as I go along :)

Welcome to AA! You're in good hands with romydooms! As others have said, you will need a heater, and you can definitely have guppies and mollies! But, before you get those fish, you need to
A. Cycle your tank (duh)
and
B. Figure out if you want to breed

Mollies and guppies are both known as the "rabbits" of the aquarium world, and if you get males and females... Theres no doubt there will be babies. Now, with the stocking you have now, you'll have lots of room for fry (baby fishes), but if you'd rather not go down that road, look into all males, as females can hold sperm for a long time. :) my names Lauren by the way, and feel free to Pm me, or any other members if you have any questions!

Back
Top Bottom