I like it here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello!
I joined aquariumadvice.com a couple weeks ago, but forgot to introduce myself...
This is my first aquarium ever! (not including a small goldfish bowl I had for about 2 weeks when I was a kid). I started my 50 gal fw tank 2 months ago and LOVE it! I decided to go the planted route and am very pleased with the result. Though the lighting is dim, the plants are doing very well. I'm trying to create a dark amazon river look; I've got a bunch rocks, roots, plants and peat filtering (so there's a light brownish tint to the water). My tap water is naturally very soft and slightly acid, so it's good for this type of tank. I'm getting a digital camera soon, so I'll get to put up some pictures!
I started by adding 4 long fin black tetras for the cycling (they're still doing great!), then I added 3 albino & 3 emerald cories and most recently I put in 6 flame tetras.
I'm now trying to create a good environment for Rams by letting my plants grow a little more and adding some inverted pots for extra caves. I'm hoping to buy a couple of them in a 1-2 weeks.... I'll probably try Bolivian Rams since I read they are hardier.
Everyone on this site is so helpful and friendly!!! Aquariumadvice.com is the best! :D

The rams will appreciate the plants and roots... :) Mine tend to stay towards the back of the tank and are timid fish... But still come out to say hi once in a while...

Moooose

Fluuf, Imw80, smallfry, bearfan, webmoose:
THANKS!!! You guys are great, it's nice to feel welcome!

lol...
ok... now I need to get myself some cool welcome gifs like that to welcome new members... they're so funny...

Thanks for the tip lmw80! That's a lot of smilies to choose from..... I like these two:

:band:

:microwave:

Thanks everyone for taking time to say hi!

Back
Top Bottom