Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Out of interest, how did you come by all those adult fish? Were they traded in at an lfs or do you know someone that was shutting down their tank?
If you could post a full tank shot so we can see the layout and offer more meaningful advice.
I understand that you are new to fish keeping, and want to do the best for your fish- that's what AA is here for

Old 10-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspixie View Post
Out of interest, how did you come by all those adult fish? Were they traded in at an lfs or do you know someone that was shutting down their tank?
If you could post a full tank shot so we can see the layout and offer more meaningful advice.
I understand that you are new to fish keeping, and want to do the best for your fish- that's what AA is here for
Hello Cactuspixie.

Apart from the Panda Corys. I purchased the total tank set up, 2nd hand through our local paper advertisment, including fish. The gentleman who sold me the set up informed me that he had this tank for over 2 yrs. I have researched the fish in question, and I am aware they are of adult size. As stated previously. I am doing a 50% water change on a weekly basis, using water from the tank to clean internal filter and cleaning gravel with water vaccum, ete,etc. Plants look OK. Centre piece bogwood also OK plant attached.

The only Item I replaced was the old EIHM 54 Internal Filter for the more powerful FLUVAL U2 Internal Filter.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by corylover View Post
weather they are fully grown or not your overstocked. look check out this website aqadvisor.com just to make sure my hunch is right.
Hi Corylover.

Thank you for your advice. I have checked out the Aqadvisor.com, and now I am worried.

Apart from the Cory Pandas, which I recently added. The Tank Set-up, I purchased 2nd hand, including fish. I was informed the tank set up was 2yrs old, and fish have been in the set up for the whole duration.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissycakes View Post
They may appear to be fine, but if given the chance in a bigger tank, I think they would love it more. More room to stretch the fins=)
Hi Krissycakes.

Please advise tank size. I can let you know that this set up was purchased 2nd hand from local paper advertisment. I was informed from seller that fish in question are over 24 months old.

Apart from Cory Pandas which, I recently added. I also changed the old Eihm 54 internal filter to a FLUVAL U2. I also do a regular 50% water change as recommended.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you did research the fish and their adult sizes, and decided what fish you wanted to keep in the 2nd hand tank, and went to aqadvisor.com you should know what is the best size for your fish. Aqadvisor is very helpful. But I am not sure of the fish you have at the moment.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #26

Quote:
If you did research the fish and their adult sizes, and decided what fish you wanted to keep in the 2nd hand tank, and went to aqadvisor.com you should know what is the best size for your fish. Aqadvisor is very helpful. But I am not sure of the fish you have at the moment.
7 Neon Tetra / 5 Lemon Tetra / 4 Panda Cory / 1 Bronze Catfish / 1 Spotted Hoplo / 2 Harlequin Rasbora / 6 Rosy Tetra.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

And what size tank do you have them in?
Is the hoplo 6"?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #28

Quote:
And what size tank do you have them in?
Is the hoplo 6"?
Spotted Hoplo approx 5 inches and the tank is 10 gallon = 55 Litre.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would say get a 45g, but if they are fine now and your bronze catfish doesn't get lonely, you might need a bit more filtration for the amount of fish in the 10G, small area, faster time to get dirty
Old 10-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #30

Smile

Quote:
I would say get a 45g, but if they are fine now and your bronze catfish doesn't get lonely, you might need a bit more filtration for the amount of fish in the 10G, small area, faster time to get dirty
Thank you, Krissycakes.

Tags
advice

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com