Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

yes I had around that same amount of fish in my 40g and it said I was overstocked. so I took my then 7 mosquito fish into my 10g. then that dropped it enough to add 2 rescued fish. I would defiantly recommend adding another filter. make sure that you have something to ease the outflow like a fake plant you can stick to the glass in front of it. your neons are going to be your cue fish. for example since I got a 30g the mosquito fish went in there. then I got 5 neons for the 10g to keep a rescued cardinal company. until he passed due to severely damage to his tail fin. when I looked in there yesterday they were a little pale in color and not as bright. so I checked the parameters and the carbon and nitrite was a little high. while in my main tank my tiger barbs were also dull. and that was due to ph. so I did a 50% water change for the 10g with water from my main. and the water from the 10g went into the main. today both the neons and the tiger barbs are back to normal coloration. so if you for now till you get another tank do the water changes and if u see your neons color change, immediately check the water parameters and fix what needs to be done. ask around on this site if anyone has a 40g they are willing to part with or ask your LFS see if you can do a down payment on one and get it setup. then that way you can pay him or her off little by little. I know my LFS would do that. but mine is a small business owner not a big store like petco or petsmart so I don't know if you could do that its worth a shot though. as long as you get a constant paycheck you might be able to do that.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by corylover View Post
yes I had around that same amount of fish in my 40g and it said I was overstocked. so I took my then 7 mosquito fish into my 10g. then that dropped it enough to add 2 rescued fish. I would defiantly recommend adding another filter. make sure that you have something to ease the outflow like a fake plant you can stick to the glass in front of it. your neons are going to be your cue fish. for example since I got a 30g the mosquito fish went in there. then I got 5 neons for the 10g to keep a rescued cardinal company. until he passed due to severely damage to his tail fin. when I looked in there yesterday they were a little pale in color and not as bright. so I checked the parameters and the carbon and nitrite was a little high. while in my main tank my tiger barbs were also dull. and that was due to ph. so I did a 50% water change for the 10g with water from my main. and the water from the 10g went into the main. today both the neons and the tiger barbs are back to normal coloration. so if you for now till you get another tank do the water changes and if u see your neons color change, immediately check the water parameters and fix what needs to be done. ask around on this site if anyone has a 40g they are willing to part with or ask your LFS see if you can do a down payment on one and get it setup. then that way you can pay him or her off little by little. I know my LFS would do that. but mine is a small business owner not a big store like petco or petsmart so I don't know if you could do that its worth a shot though. as long as you get a constant paycheck you might be able to do that.
Hi. Once again thank you for the valid advice. I appreciate your honest input. I will be purchasing 40g tank shortly and will follow your kind instructions.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

your welcome hopefully we can get pics of your new tank XD. also run 2 filters on the 40g helps with a lot of cleaning and just better in the long run.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

A dog can live every day in a small kennel but do you think it will be happy and playful? Its very difficult to look at a fish and know is it happy content or miserable.

Before I give any advise on what I would do can you share your ammonia nirite and nitrate levels as well as some pics of the tank so we can all fully understand and advise you better?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad M View Post
A dog can live every day in a small kennel but do you think it will be happy and playful? Its very difficult to look at a fish and know is it happy content or miserable.

Before I give any advise on what I would do can you share your ammonia nirite and nitrate levels as well as some pics of the tank so we can all fully understand and advise you better?
Hi Brad.

Thank you for your input. Appreciate it.

You will here from me shortly regarding Nitrate / Ammonia levels plus pics.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #36

Quote:
your welcome hopefully we can get pics of your new tank XD. also run 2 filters on the 40g helps with a lot of cleaning and just better in the long run.
Hi Corylover.

Just to let you know that my New Juwel Rio 180 tank is now thriving with 2 filter internal systems keeping everything healthy and crystal clear. 20% regular weekly change.

All fish are very healthy, and here is run down of what I have.

Cory Catfish - Bronze Catfish - Albino Catfish - Spotted Hoplo.

Neon Tetras - Yellow Gourami - Gold Anglefish - Zebra Danios - Lemon Tetra - Rosy Tetra - Harlequin Raspbora - Tiger Barb
Old 10-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

wow XD they should be all happy with that space just keep an eye on the neons cause the tiger barbs and angles might eat them
Old 10-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #38

Smile

Quote:
wow XD they should be all happy with that space just keep an eye on the neons cause the tiger barbs and angles might eat them
Thank you. I will, and thank you once again for your help.

Tags
advice

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com