I need all of you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvillenative

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I am a long time reader, but have just decided to start posting. I have many questions for anyone that is willing to help. I have been a saltwater fish tank owner for almost ten years, but have just scratched the surface of my new addiction of reefing. I have always had just fish only tanks and loved the big nasty killer fish. As I've gotten older my interest has switched to owning a reef and I have for the past year. I haven't really had the money to really get it going until lately, so now is the time to reach out to my fellow reefers and take my knowledge to new heights.
So, heres my tank description: I have a 65 gallon display tank with a 20 gallon sump. My lights are a 4 bulb 156 watt t5 retro fit, along with 2 Rapid LED par 38 bulbs under my DIY canopy. I really thought this set up was going to do major work, but haven't been getting the growth I want. I do weekly 5 gallon water changes,but nothings really growing, not dying either. Anybody know what I could possibly do different? Right now my tank inhabitants are frogspawn, xenia, zoas, trumpets, chalice, foxtale, gsp, gargonia (sp) and a cap coral. My fish include tail spot blenny, two chromis (wierd different brim shaped breed), perc clown, and a coral beauty. I am getting rid of the angel this weekend and looking for something to replace her color without the distruction, shes killing the gargonia and all starfish. Any ideas? I have plenty of other questions for everyone, but I think that's plenty for an intro post. Look forward to meeting everyone! Sorry so long.
Kyle

:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

Your best bet would be to post a thread in the Salt Water forums. This sub forum is more just to introduce yourself to the community and say hello. :)

Back
Top Bottom