I need help with weight asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caitlin1803

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I’m in the loft and I have 3 tanks: 20 gallon, 5 gallon and another 5 gallon. I want to start a small 40 gallon marine Aquarium the only problem is we are keeping an eye on my attic with the weight at the moment, I am thinking of moving my 2 5 gallons downstairs but would a 20 and a 40 be ok in my attic?

Tank Weight

So I’m in the loft and I have 3 tanks: 20 gallon, 5 gallon and another 5 gallon. I want to start a small 40 gallon marine Aquarium the only problem is we are keeping an eye on my attic with the weight at the moment, I am thinking of moving my 2 5 gallons downstairs but would a 20 and a 40 be ok in my attic?

Hello Cait...

If the loft has been converted to a living space instead of a storage space, I'd say you're good to go. However, if modifications haven't been made so you can put appliances in there, then you wouldn't want a 400 lb. fish tank there.

B

Hello Cait...

If the loft has been converted to a living space instead of a storage space, I'd say you're good to go. However, if modifications haven't been made so you can put appliances in there, then you wouldn't want a 400 lb. fish tank there.

B
Thank you, and yes it’s a living space.

If its framed up with 2x4 I would be careful. If it was framed with something like 2x6 or larger then you should be ok. If they told you it wouldn't handle a ton of weight then again I would be careful. You could always contact the contractor and ask them about weight limits.

Back
Top Bottom