I think I'll buy a fish tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordon419

Aquarium Advice Newbie
...famous last words. I don't know SQUAT about maintaining fish, but decided one day in Meijer's to buy this cool 5 gallon round tank with LED lighting. My wife loved the idea, and couldn't wait to get the thing together 7 put fish in it.

Who'da thunk you could overfeed fish? (RIP Rondo...RIP Rupert) and that the leftover food could become toxic.

So we started over, and I'm happy to report that the two new fish are doing great. Now I'm using the 5 gallon tank to learn, and get accustomed to maintaining freshwater fish before starting my newest venture...building a 30 gallon in a wall.

Yeah cycle the tank and you could always put a beautiful betta in there;). Shrimp would be good too so many colors that you could do!!! I do think that there is a killifish that would be able to go in there... I'll go look that up.

The aphyosemion australe killie would fit, but I would still offer them 10 gallons, having had them. Just because they can live in cramped quarters, doesn't mean they should. ;)

...famous last words. I don't know SQUAT about maintaining fish, but decided one day in Meijer's to buy this cool 5 gallon round tank with LED lighting. My wife loved the idea, and couldn't wait to get the thing together 7 put fish in it.

Who'da thunk you could overfeed fish? (RIP Rondo...RIP Rupert) and that the leftover food could become toxic.

So we started over, and I'm happy to report that the two new fish are doing great. Now I'm using the 5 gallon tank to learn, and get accustomed to maintaining freshwater fish before starting my newest venture...building a 30 gallon in a wall.

Oh yes ... not the best way to get introduced into this hobby. As crazy as it may sound ... in this hobby smaller tanks are better left for more experienced members who are accustomed to dealing with changing water parameters. Bigger is better AND easier ... IMO ... especially for beginners.

Good luck!!

Many Thanks!

Thanks everyone...the new fishies (and skrimps) are doing just fine. Sitting right here next to me on my desk. Now have a green glowfish, Platy, and fancy guppie along with two small ghost shrimp.

:thanks:

Attachments

• DSC_1086.jpg
    DSC_1086.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom