Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gcoddballs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’ve had ich in my tank for 2 weeks now. It’s the reason I made this account and for my sick ropefish. But anyway I added super ich cute the first two weeks and that didn’t do a thing. Next I put salt in another tank I had since I have scales fish in my current tank and put some of the infected scaled fish in there and cranked the temp on my actual tank. Now I’m using ich-x. But still salt, heat, medication and water changes have done absolutely nothing. I’m lost at this point. It’s very discouraging to do water changes everyday and spend all this money to have all my fish die.

I'm not sure how advanced the ich is in your fish. If they aren't in an advanced state you should be able to cure it with heat, salt and water changes. Scaleless fish can handle short term salt treatment.

Turn the temp up to 86 degrees gradually. Start by adding 1 teaspoon of salt per 5 gallons of water. After a few days, double this amount. Change out 25% of your water daily with a light gravel vac of the substrate.

This should be all that is needed. If your fish are in an advanced state of ich you need medication such as Seachem Paragaurd. You can also use Metroplex but this med requires you to add it to food and feed it to your fish.

I'm not sure how advanced the ich is in your fish. If they aren't in an advanced state you should be able to cure it with heat, salt and water changes. Scaleless fish can handle short term salt treatment.

Turn the temp up to 86 degrees gradually. Start by adding 1 teaspoon of salt per 5 gallons of water. After a few days, double this amount. Change out 25% of your water daily with a light gravel vac of the substrate.

This should be all that is needed. If your fish are in an advanced state of ich you need medication such as Seachem Paragaurd. You can also use Metroplex but this med requires you to add it to food and feed it to your fish.

Thank you so much! It’s advanced at this point. I started with one white dot and immediately treated with medication (super ick cure) I’ve turned up the heat and added salt. This morning I wake up way more ich and more fish infected. I’ve been treating for two weeks now doing water changes adding medication following all directions. Thank you for the recommendation

Back
Top Bottom