I'm a newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ptcrusr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone:

Just wanted to say hi and to let you all know I am VERY new to this. I have a 75 gallon tank with various African Cichlids (about 25 small to medium size). I just noticed today one yellow lab is flashing against the top of a rock cave and I am trying to figure out what is causing it.

in a 75 gallon tank you have 25 cichlids..that's too much fish,try to keep less fish otherwise you have nitrite and ammonia problem...

Welcome to AA!! :wave: I keep african cichlids too :D. 25 is a little much, they may be small to medium now but they could get quite large. What kind do you have and could we see a pic?

hey i am new to this to, in my 30 gallon tank i have lava rock in it every morning i wake up and there is a red algae it looks like rust, i was wondering if this is just normal or is it because of something else

That many small cichlids will be ok for a while but you will have to thin the herd as they start to get bigger. For now it will help to ease aggression. When they start nearing 3" you will have to start making decisions about which ones to keep.

Back
Top Bottom