Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Red face I'm a Newbie :)

Hey everyone I just ran into this site while searching for answer's about a mystery Bully fish we in our new office tank. I narrowed down the bully thanks to some posts about Male Gourami fish! We started with A bunch of beautiful fish and in this first month of taking care of them , 4 angel fish, 3 neons, 2 dwarf gouramis, were slowly being bit to pieces until they all died. We saw the bigger Gourami (the only Gourami survivor) nipping at two new Black skirted tetras yesterday and so I decided to "Google" it. And tada!! All of the answers were here! We took the big guy out and I have him in a fish bowl in my office now I read on here that he can live without aeration if I change 25% of the water weekly, that made me happy that we could save him and the other fish as well. I'm looking forward to talking to all of you about our little tank community Talk to you soon, Melissa.

MISSWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Welcome to AA! Look forward to seeing how this all works out.

55 gallon FW Community | 55 gallon Malawi Mbuna
The Jam-is-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Welcome to AA!
meegosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Welcome to AA ... glad to hear the site was able to help you. A bowl is probably too small for a Gourami ... depending on which one, they can get up to 6 inches.

Yes Gourami's can be territorial and aggressive, even to other Gourami's.
You can return it to the fish store it was bought ... or ... as I just did .. call a local trusted fish store and ask if they'll just take it. I have a 3 inch Blue Gourami that is quickly becoming the tank bully ... seems to get bolder and bolder every day .. and it can still grow another 1 - 3 inches.
75g Planted Barbs Denison, BlackRuby, Tiger, Albino Tiger, Green Tiger, Cherry, Gold, Checkered, Odessa.
NonBarbs Cardinal, Neon, RummyNose, Bloodfin Tetras, Z. Danios. 1RTS. Amano, Bamboo, Ghost & RCS. 20g Long Shrimp Tank RCS, Tiger, Amano.
jcolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thumbs up ;) Thanks

Thanks We have so many questions about the fish and this seemed to be a great place to talk about them. The Gourami that I have in my office is a Red Dwarf. It's a pretty big bowl he's in, And he seems to be doing fine. They were going to flush him down the toilet, because he had killed so many of the fish, but I put up a stop it. I know that It's just the nature of the some fish. .
MISSWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com