Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm Excited!

Hi everyone!

Well I am getting ready to start my first saltwater aquarium and I am really excited! A few months ago I got a job at a saltwater fish, invertebrate, and coral shipping and receiving warehouse as an aquarist. I am the main caretaker and curator to the fish. I make sure that once your fish reaches US soil that they are properly taken care of, acclimated correctly, and healthy before being sent out to your nearest aquarium or pet store. I've been having a blast learning all there is to know about saltwater fish. Water chemistry, feeding, diagnosing illness and giving the proper medication, cleaning, packing and unpacking, and the entire saltwater tank system are things I'm learning about and do almost everyday. With this I decided to start up my own tank at home, and join this forum! It will probably be a few weeks until I get my tank so I am not to sure in what I am getting yet (thinking about a 45g to 70g w/ a lot of surface area and not to much height). I am really excited to learn more information and get advice about saltwater aquariums and help others out the best I can!

Aquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!

Question everything you see on the internet. ~ George Orwell
HN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome, thanks for joining us! Have fun!
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
What a GREAT Job..,,,

Welcome, hard to keep up with all the activity on this forum - I learn something new every time I sign in.
thegundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA!!
The hardest thing about this hobby, is having a budget..
Everyone has questions
00youknowit00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com