I'm Excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarist

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

Well I am getting ready to start my first saltwater aquarium and I am really excited! A few months ago I got a job at a saltwater fish, invertebrate, and coral shipping and receiving warehouse as an aquarist. I am the main caretaker and curator to the fish. I make sure that once your fish reaches US soil that they are properly taken care of, acclimated correctly, and healthy before being sent out to your nearest aquarium or pet store. I've been having a blast learning all there is to know about saltwater fish. Water chemistry, feeding, diagnosing illness and giving the proper medication, cleaning, packing and unpacking, and the entire saltwater tank system are things I'm learning about and do almost everyday. With this I decided to start up my own tank at home, and join this forum! It will probably be a few weeks until I get my tank so I am not to sure in what I am getting yet (thinking about a 45g to 70g w/ a lot of surface area and not to much height). I am really excited to learn more information and get advice about saltwater aquariums and help others out the best I can!

Back
Top Bottom