Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by corylover View Post
go to aqadvisor. com no space between the . and com. this is a site you can put in your fish and filters to see if you are overstocked, water parameters, other helpful hints. your best option is to do that big water change, clean filters, and use a water conditioner to help clean up your tank.
If I clean my filters I'll be getting rid of BB right....??

Old 09-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman0617 View Post
If I clean my filters I'll be getting rid of BB right....??
In my opinion your not overstocked. The neons will create little waste and 4 guppies in a 10g is not overstocked. If you clean the filter, make sure you use old tank water and don't let the media dry out. I'm baffled to be honest. Maybe you weren't cycled in the first place......

Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
In my opinion your not overstocked. The neons will create little waste and 4 guppies in a 10g is not overstocked. If you clean the filter, make sure you use old tank water and don't let the media dry out. I'm baffled to be honest. Maybe you weren't cycled in the first place......
But I cycled the fishless method using ammonia I got from the hardware store it was pure ammonia. I tested every week using api freshwater master kit. But I think it is going through a cycle again I'm testing for nitrites but haven't seen any as of yet. I'm also adding nutrafin cycle to kinda boost the BB.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

you can also from a reputable person take the rub off of their filter, some gravel, and some water from a cycled tank that is more than 6 months old. that will help boost the bacteria. maybe check where you get your water from. one question though do you have sand in your tank? and have you added in while it was filled with water or that the filter could be sucking it up?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
you can also from a reputable person take the rub off of their filter, some gravel, and some water from a cycled tank that is more than 6 months old. that will help boost the bacteria. maybe check where you get your water from. one question though do you have sand in your tank? and have you added in while it was filled with water or that the filter could be sucking it up?
No I don't have sand. But if I try and "boost the bacteria" wouldn't the nitrite from the bacteria kill my fish
Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Is the nutrafin cycle really bacteria or is it just ammonia in a bottle? If it is then it would just do the same as straight ammonia. If puzzled that is the only thing I can think of. What test kit are you using?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownfishlover View Post
Is the nutrafin cycle really bacteria or is it just ammonia in a bottle? If it is then it would just do the same as straight ammonia. If puzzled that is the only thing I can think of. What test kit are you using?
I'm using api freshwater master test kit
Old 09-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok I'm not sure what is going on just do major water changes. Have you tested your tap water?
Old 09-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

if you get the items from the mature tank it wont kill your fish its good bacteria. its what I did for my 10g. your basically adding stuff that you will end up with anyways as long as you know who you get it from to make sure its good then you shouldn't have any problem.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
if you get the items from the mature tank it wont kill your fish its good bacteria. its what I did for my 10g. your basically adding stuff that you will end up with anyways as long as you know who you get it from to make sure its good then you shouldn't have any problem.
Ill try that thanks corylover

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com