Im new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aunkster

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Bought a 60 gallon long a week ago and looking to raise African Cichlids.

Welcome to AA.

Do you know all about fishless cycling? My best advice I can give you: Do your research and take everything the lfs or petstore tells you worth a grain of salt until it's proven to be true.

Most of the time they are out fir your money. There are the rare lfs that are very knowledgable and caring, but they're sadly rare.

Welcome to AA.
A 60g long will be a good size for African Cichlids. Be careful of the mix. Some of them are a lot more aggressive than others. And If no one has mentioned it, Cichlid males like to have a harem. You need to have 3-4 females for every male. If you don't, you will have to the death battles. And Cichlids have some nasty teeth.
Don't get me wrong, I love mine. They are beautiful and a kick to watch. But with Cichlids, you never know violent they may be. Each one has a very distinct personality. they may get along great as Juvenal's, but when they reach adolescents they may start to kill each other

Well.. Lol.. Actually since this post my thoughts have switched more toward semi aggressive , I like alot of the sharks and cats .. Not sure exactly what I can do here but now semi aggressive is my intentions.

Back
Top Bottom