I'm new too!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maggie79

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

So, I'm pretty much just going to copy and paste what I just typed up in my profile info.

My name is Maggie.

I've just recently started my first "real aquarium." I have a 46 gallon bowfront tank, a filter that came from the guy I bought if from (it's Whisper? and appropriately sized for the tank), a hang on the side heater- which is heating somewhere between 75-78, some pink, purple, and blue small rock gravel, 6 plastic plants and a really spectacular castle. I've had the tank for a little over a month and a half and I'm pretty sure it's fully cycled (my nitrites are testing 0 again!, and I've started getting some nitrates and a tiny bit of algae.) I've been using tap water with Prime added, it is very hard and very alkaline. I also added a bit of aquarium salt (maybe a teaspoon).

I currently have 6 zebra danios, 2 pink glofish danios, 1 green glofish danio, 3 albino corydories, and 7 and 1/2 male guppies (the 1/2 is the sick one and the reason I joined the forum). Umm, anything else?

Thanks! If anyone has any advice about sick fish I've posted a thread in the freshwater unhealthy fish section titled "White stuff on guppy tail- need help"

Back
Top Bottom