I'm not exactly new to fish keeping, but I know there's a lot I can still learn.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pitbullfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! My name is Valerie and I'd probably consider myself on the high end of novices when it comes to fish keeping. I've almost always had a small tank or two. I've kept bettas, zebra danios, tetras, rasboras and guppies. You know, easy stuff.
I'm very exited about the tank my husband bought for me from a friend of his. It's seventy five gallons! That's far bigger than anything I've had before. It's a late anniversary gift. We've been married seven years.
We do have two tanks set up in the house now. They're both ten gallons. The one in my daughter's room has a few guppies. She's only three so even though we call it her tank, it's really my husband's. He has another ten gallon tank in our living room inhabited by a male betta and a small school of harlequin rasboras.

Welcome to AA! Do you have any ideas of what you want to do with the 75 gallon?

I'm having a hard time deciding. I've never been able to keep big fish before, so maybe cichlids. On the other hand, I've always loved my tiny fish and I think I'd be cool to have large schools of two or three different kinds. It's so hard to choose.

Right. I've never kept schooling fish so I've thought that would be interesting one day. But I do have cichlids. African cichlids, which ive had for a while and love them! and a jack dempsey and a gold saum which I've been growing together for a little while from juvies. They're pretty for sure!

But either way I bet you'll love it! Taking ur time and researching different species is always the best start

That's true with any pet! I love animals and fortunately, I thouroly enjoy research about all kinds of pets too.

Back
Top Bottom