Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey! Welcome to AA! Hope you have a good experience here on the site! I'm just a 13 year old kid wanting to learn more about fish and aquatic plants! The people on this site are very educated. So I'm sure you'll get lots of information and learn a lot as well.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Right. I'm pretty versed in the local laws regarding anything to do with fishing. Here in GA you may legally catch fish and hold them, but they cannot be released back into the wild - for obvious reasons. We'll find other uses for them should they somehow end up belly up.

There are length limits on bass though, and obviously keeping a 3 inch bass would violate that law. So I'll have to come up with another way to get a bass. Probably.

Hi Pleky. Me too. I've got alot to learn, too.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Welcome! What part of Georgia are you from? I grew up in the Dalonegah area. Not so sure I spelled that right... But until I was about six I lived on the Ettowah River.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hi! We're about 20 minutes from Dahlonega and we go there alot. We're closer to Gainesville, but Dahlonega is just such a nice little town that we go there whenever we can. I'm also into gold panning, although we don't do that as much anymore - and of course, there's some good trout fishing within about 45 minutes of there.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAnglerFishKeeper
Hello fellow fish-heads.

I'm a bit of a contrast I suppose - a fly fisherman who also likes to play fish-keeper. My last aquarium was 20 years ago and I had no idea what I was doing. Despite that, I kept a couple of native fish for almost a year, until we had to move and sell the tank along with lots of other stuff. Moving is expensive, all that jazz.

Anyhoot, I'm here to learn and to help out if I can. I've been around fish since I was just a toddler, although 90% of my "fish time" is catching them, not raising them. Still, maybe someone will someday have a question about a fish native to Georgia. What I'm trying to say is that I'll help where I can, but I'm afraid I'm mostly going to be learning alot.

I'm 42, no kids, one great wife, no other pets due to allergies. Oh, and I pretend to own a fly fishing company in my spare time. LOL

I try not to judge people for being overly emotional about their pets, so I hope you can try not to be too judgmental about my life-long past-time of fishing. I respect resources and believe we're charged with acting with good stewardship practices toward animals of all kinds. That said, I do enjoy the occasional catfish dinner or fried shrimp platter.

So, I guess that's what you should know about me. ? This looks like a great place to hang out.

FAFK
I love all fishing I recently had a chance to fish in the ocean caught all kinds of stuff king mackeral purple and white crab of some sort and these pesky catfish but mostly bass fish or fish with TEETH MUSKY PIKE etc. Also welcome to the site
Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAnglerFishKeeper
Hi! We're about 20 minutes from Dahlonega and we go there alot. We're closer to Gainesville, but Dahlonega is just such a nice little town that we go there whenever we can. I'm also into gold panning, although we don't do that as much anymore - and of course, there's some good trout fishing within about 45 minutes of there.
I grew up with a stocked pond on our property out there. Never really fished in the rivers, though. It is a nice little town. I lived there for a while, then we moved to Cumming. I haven't been back in maybe 8 or 9 years, though.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com