Ima Noob!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4the_Horde

Aquarium Advice Newbie
um im new, I got a message telling me to post things about me. Well im 19 i live in Carson City I work at Petsmart. I dont know much about fish so thats why i joined this site. Im not completely reatrded though, i know a lot about Herps (snakes) and other reptiles as well as dogs and other common pets so I can answer questions on those topics if you have any. I know a lot about beniful foods for them as well so i can extange information with you guys on any of those topics. My goal is to have a couple of beautiful aquariums. I am intersted in having Cichlid community tank as well as a begginers saltwater tank.
I do not yet have these tanks or fish, im having to buy everything a piece at a time. Im not exactly rich.

I understand some cichlids can be very difficult to maintain.
Im very very detail orented so i want my tank to be pristien, i really really want a sand tank with some type of live grasses but know nothing upon achieving that. I play World Of Warcraft on server Dunemaul so if im not on here you can catch my on there if you have it. My toons name is Eatalliance, you can ask me questions on there if youd like. Thanks guys im looking forward to any questions or answers you may have for me
-Michelle J:bandit:

Glad to see someone who works at a chain pet store come here in a humble manner :) Do as much reading as you can, there's more than I ever thought to know about fish tanks, keeping, cleaning, etc...

If you go with a sandy substrate, get something to stir it (I recommend Malaysian Trumpet Snails), or stir it yourself when you do water changes. Don't lay it down more than an inch deep. These actions will help to reduce the chance of anaerobic bacteria pockets building up in the sand and releasing (I think) methane, which can hurt your fish.

yes welcome and feel free to ask any questions, you should browse this forum and read all you can and ask on what you don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom