Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dini75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everybody, just joined the community, so wanted to say hello. I am from Hungary (EU) and just set up my cc 50 gallon tank (180 litres over here). Only plants so far (swardplants, vallisneria, microsorium). I wait couple of days and then come fish. I choose fish from Amazonas, so Angel fish and black tetras and some algae eater. I am really excited about this new hobby. I read already quite a lot on internet. But I expect it won't be easy, so this forum and you guys will hopefully be helpful. Cheers, Edina

Hi Both

Thanks for the article. After reading it I can say that Yes, I am cycling my tank :) Although not with ammonia, but with bacteria from bottle (I was advised in the fish store...). I put plants and dechlorinator as well. I set the tank up on Saturday, so today is the 5th day. The parameters are the following: NO3 10, NO2 0, GH 10 yesterday and 16 today, KH 10, PH 7.6. I am not sure if the it is good that NO3 and NO2 is low (in the article it said it should increase in the beginning, but maybe with added bacteria the process is different). And what does it mean that GH has increased? Shall I already now do a pwc and rinsing the filter? Or is it too early for that?
Thanks, Edina

Back
Top Bottom