Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beverlygcox

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello fellow aquarium enthusiasts! My name is Beverly and I live in a small town in southwest Virginia called Wytheville. My husband and I have both had aquariums in the distant past and had been talking about resurrecting our passion, so in June we bought our fist set up together. Our tank consists of:

Aqueon 29 Gallon High tank
AquaClear 50 Power Filter (200 gph)
W/ Pre-filter Max II
Fluval 200 watt submersible heater

We then began to talk about what kind of style we wanted to go with, and amazingly we agreed on a natural themed environment for our tank. We looked at numerous pictures of tank online and both fell in love with the planted tanks! We added the following amenities to our tank:

30" Coralife Lunar Aqualight HO T5 124 watt light w/ 2 10,000k daylight lamps, 2 Actinic Blue lamps, and 2 Lunar Blue Directional LED's
Coralife Power Strip w/ day/night timers
DIY CO2 w/ diffuser and bubble counter

We finally got our tank set up in the beginning of July. We started with:

1 large Mopani driftwood
1 small Mopani driftwood
Several pieces of river rock
6 zebra danios
1 Red Tail Shark
Wisteria
Anubis
Banana plant
Micro swords
Marimo Moss Ball
Java Moss
Amazon swords

After our tank cycled, we added: (over a months time)

7 Tiger Barbs
1 Albino Pleco
1 female Crown Tail Betta
3 Gold Inca Snails

We are very pleased with our first planted tank! I love to watch the fish during the day. The Danios are my favorite, they dart about chasing one another all day! We owe our first success partly to this forum. I downloaded this app when we started looking for supplies and such and have read through a large portion of the threads. I would like to thank all of the moderators and members for putting your knowledge out there for others to use! Without this board, I would not know half the stuff I do about the hobby! I am posting a pic of my tank. Any advice/critiques are welcome!

Thanks again,
Beverlygcox

Attachments

• image-1549575690.jpg
    image-1549575690.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom