intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkpgh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, all;

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to keeping an aquarium, but have rapidly learned that it can be complicated! We got a few danios and a 10 tank for our daughter's room in April. Had some trouble with ammonia and clouding which seems to be under control now with a better filter and an ammonia insert. Now I'm trying to understand our high Ph which I think is due to hard water. The fish seem to be fine, and we added some more danios and a Cory. The tank is at capacity fish wise, and I'm planning on sizing up in a few months. We have a decent aquarium store in the suburbs and I have already learned not to trust the chain pet store that's closer to home. I do a weekly water change of about 1/4 to 1/3 and feed smaller amounts twice a day. I am probably over feeding, but they always gobble it up in about a minute.

Looking forward to learning more and giving our fish a happy life!

MK in Pittsburgh

Hello MK !!

Welcome to AA !!

The cloudiness was probably from a bacteria bloom being a new tank l presume. Yea you gotta watch the chain stores, but they are not all bad lol Our local pet store has some very knowledgeable people in the fish department. But they have a few that were just there to sell fish..... regardless

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom