Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herman90gallon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I have a 90 gallon fresh water tank. I'm running a 405 fluval filter, air pump, and jet pump in the tank for bubbles and circulation flow.
My uncle was into fishes his entire life, and recently taught me how to care for a tank. Since he will longer be staying with us at home anymore, I have to take care of the tank. I have grown to see this as a hobby and wish to be successful in keeping the remaining fish alive.

We have a mixed tank, which I know is not best for the fish, so I'm trying to keep them all one kind. We had a mix of South African and South American cichlids. I just gave in 2 large tiger oscars to my local store because they were growing too large, and eating all the food I was trying to feed to all the other fish. I also had to give away 2 konvicts (as they were not getting along with some of the South African cichlids).

I have 5 yellow labs (2" each) (unsexed) (South African)
A large 10 " black banded leporinus (south american)
2 Jewel cichlids (South African)
A black ghost knife fish (south American)
A large Pleco (12-13")

Recently removed
2 Tiger Oscars (6" each)
2 Konvicts (2-3" each)

Please, if anyone has some advice, if it is okay to have the remaining South Americans remaining with my African cichlids? Or if I will have to trade the fishes in?

Thank you for reading

Welcome to the forums. If you post your questions in the Cichlid Discussion forum, I'm sure a lot of knowledgeable people can provide answers.

Glad to have you join the fun. A 90g is a good tank. What nice thing to get to learn from your uncle about tank keeping. There is always more to learn and surely someone here can help with your questions!
:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom