Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #1

Smile Intro for Me

I was introduced to the hobby about a year or two ago by my dad who was also very new to the hobby at the time, he had just bought him a huge 90 gallon tank (his first tank). He just hounded on me about how i should in the fish scene with him (he knows how ocd i can be about learning the MOST about my hobbies and animals) and after enough persuasion he finally convinced me to get a tank. So I started small and like most new comers i went for the BLING BLING fish tank lol. I got me about 10 glofish danios and a couple green GloTetras, with the blacklights and all that fancy "cool" stuff. After having that for maybe 3 months i began to see more interesting fish to my taste at the pet stores and stumbbled upon a steal on a 40 gallon tank. So i bought the 40 gallon for 50 bucks and bought a Segal Bichir (i was informed he would be aggresive, but I was like meh what can he hurt). Then i started noticing less and less fish, it appeared that Roscoe (the bichir) also liked Glofish, for a different reason though lol. So I gave all my glofish to my dads tropical tank setup and started turning a new leaf with cichlids. Thats where I really started to enjoy watching my fish and kept with that setup for a bit, then upgraded again to a 75 gallon, keeping with the cichlids and my lonley bichir (Roscoe). I think between roscoe and the cichlids i couldnt have better fish. The best part is about two weeks ago i started researching how to breed my cichlids. Today when i got home from work to my great suprise my Acei that i raised from 1" to now 3" is holding!! Im super happy about it and cant wait to take my fish craze to the next level (hatching my fry).

P.s- I am from northern Louisiana and my second favorite hobby is trading, so if u have some fish you sell or trade id greatly enjoy that. Im not a big fan of the mainstream pet stores, i like small shops or just normal people who also love the hobby to make money or gain from a deal

LaCichlids318 (Josh)

Old 06-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #2

Smile Pics

Heres some terrible-disasterous photos of my tank (dont hate the iphone3) lol

Shows somewhat my 8" segal bichir, and my 1"-5" convict cichlids, and my 3" electric blues, and also u cant really tell but my 3 Acei cichlids which one is holding!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	182783   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	182784  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0487.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	182785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0488.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	182786  

Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCichlids318 View Post
Heres some terrible-disasterous photos of my tank (dont hate the iphone3) lol

Shows somewhat my 8" segal bichir, and my 1"-5" convict cichlids, and my 3" electric blues, and also u cant really tell but my 3 Acei cichlids which one is holding!
Great pics! Very nice fish you've got.
And welcome to the forum

Tags
intro

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com