intro long winded sorry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darwin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I’ve been reading your forums for a few months now and I was reading the DIY section of the forums today and decided that it was time to sign up. This looks like a great site for new and old tank heads alike and I hope I can contribute to the site and learn from what I can tell are some very serious hobbyist.
My first tank was a 10 gal I got just after high school 1990 ish I had gotten after I visited one of them out of the way aquarium stores, you know the one with the little old lady and her husband in it that seemed to know everything about every fish they sold and had a love for all of them? That place was amazing even for todays standards despite it being in a old double wide trailer home. After the 2nd week I was hooked and got a 30 tall and built my first stand in my dads well stocked garage with his help of course.
With the help of that little fish store I had much success with both tanks even managed to grow some nice plants. Within a year I had helped a couple of friends set up their own tanks a 50 and 75 gallon if I recall.
Then I moved and had to sell my tanks, I got my money back and then some from them.
Sadly I had to put the hobby on hold till after I got married.

Then a 20 gallon with a homemade stand fleck stone finish ( a great product for stands) sold it when we I got a promotion and had to move
Next a 75 with lots of plants (loved this tank) sold at my yard sale made money back + some J
Now I have a 45 gallon bow front with a waterfall feature above / behind it (integrated) It is well planted and stocked with lots of fish.. We have issues with very hard water in the area but worked it out.
5 angels small
6 rainbows
1 cory cat
4 albino loches
15 small neon tetras
4 Shrimp bought 6 and thinking 4 have figured out how to survive the hunters
2 other fish I cant recall the names small
10 nerite snails (man they keep my tank free from algae)
Plants are all from Arizona aquatics 50 gal set up package

Don’t tell the wife but I will sell this tank setup and get a bigger one when all the fish grow up. I’ve already had one offer but since the water feature is a prototype I didn’t want to sell it yet. Got to work out any bugs you see.

I started this tank late Oct. 2010
4-T-5 lights with timer that also controls the co2 injector
Co2 injector DIY setup (sugar, yeast, and powerhead) didn’t like the store bought one.
Canister filter that also powers the water feature of the tank.
The water feature gives the surface area of at least 6 square feet of rock surface
Heater and all the other little things fish need. J
Oh and I gave my wife a 10 gallon that she keeps and her work.
I will post pictures soon
Darwin

Welcome to AA
For all of this you should probably start a thread in one of the general discussion pages.

think a picture would of helped.

Attachments

• my tank.jpg
    my tank.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 334
Back
Top Bottom