Intro thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jameskul

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm James and my wife Catherine and I are new to the aquarium business, I always grew up with a Betta as a kid and my wife knew about fishless cycling before I did any research, we have a 5g and a 10g, even though we move alot (military) we would like to keep this hobby going. As of now we have a male Betta (Prometheus) a red claw crab (Poseidon) and a Pleco (hades) we recently moved the Pleco to the 10g (I know they get huge but we have time to get a bigger tank if needed) and placed an oto in the 5g for cleanup duties. In the 10g we also have 2 swarm gouramis and 3 ghost shrimp. From what I've read so far our tanks might be considered overstocked but we do plenty of water changes and all the fish and crustaceans seem as happy as can be. Also both tanks have mondo grass, moneywort, filters, and the 10g has a heater to keep the temp at 77 for the fish in that tank. Any tips or questions can be written to me on here or through a message thanks all.
-James

Last edited:
:welcome:
Welcome to AA!!

I am military as well... PCSing makes this hobby difficult, but still doable...

Back
Top Bottom