Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Introducing myself!

My name is Erin. When I was a teenager, I babysat for a woman who taught me to ride horses and she had the most beautiful aquariums. I loved them so much and after her kids went to sleep, I would sit on her couch and just watch the tanks until they got home. She taught me to clean and manage them and I loved every bit of it. I had freshwater tanks (my dream is a saltwater when my kids are older) for a while, but then I had kids and I just didn't have the time to devote to them. We've moved several times as well. I am settled now and my kids are 14 and 10. They love aquariums as much as I do and have had small tanks in their rooms. I am about to start one up again myself. I'm just going 20 gallon for now to "wet my feet" again. LOL. A lot has changed over the years and I am here to learn. It looks like I have a LOT of reading to do tonight. I am not even starting ANYTHING with the tank until this weekend. I don't want to jump in without researching (well, YES I do, but I won't. ) We've had hermit crabs for many years, but my heart has always been with the fish.
Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge and experience I will get here and I look forward to getting to know you all. I will be silent for a little bit while I read and read and READ so I don't ask silly questions.
Thanks in advance!

Seeker_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Feel free to ask any questions you have!

Tommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
Adipose Fins Are Cool!

No question is silly Erin. Welcome to AA. We all started just like you and many left the hobby awhile and had to catch up. I'm one who had to. These great people in here help me tremendously. Anything we can help you figure out, just ask. Good luck. OS.
Bonified member of "The Wet Arm Society".
One's life should be measured by the number of people who smile when they remember you.
Old Scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
Aww, thanks!! You guys rock!
Seeker_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com