Introduction....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PatrickL

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. I have read a bit on here over time as I google this and that, decided I was gonna dabble in it. I have had an aquarium since last november, and since went from a 2.5 gallon I had bought as a foot in the door thing, has suddenly gotten me to a 45 I have now. I have in it:
12 tiger barbs
5 serpae tetras
a red fin shark
a pictus catfish(he and the redfin are rivals)
2 cory catfish(used to be 6, but the 4 smaller ones disappeared)
2 balloon mollies
a rubber lipped pleco
an african leaf fish

Any thoughts?

Does the leaf fish do much? I looked at them but the lfs said they don't do much and they will eat all the expensive cardinal tetras you have just bought. Interesting looking fish though.

he actually just died, I think the red tail killed him, didnt look like tiger barb wounds...He lurked around tho, trying to look like a drifting leaf. Mine was only 2 inches tho. e ate cool, he ate the dried shrimp. He'd kind of like pounce at it.

But I found him about 2 weeks ago with a chunk missing out of his side around his gill, so I put him in another tank with some melafix, and it took him about 2 weeks to die anyway.

My tiger barbs stay to themselves. They school with the serpaes now and again. As I added them,, I added them in 3s and 4s, some of the old"kings" got dethroned, but only one of these died/ I have Normal, Green, and Green Platinum tigers. My only complaint is that they are pigs. They nibble my umbrella plant, eat the flakes, and freeze dried shrimp, AND they eat my plecos/catfishs algae wafers.

Lol - I find that with rosy barbs as well. Bought some more plants over the weekend to 'sacrifice' to keep the good ones. I break the wafers up for the catfish to find but they will pick them up and race off if they get a chance even though it's too big for them.

Back
Top Bottom