Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

African Lover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone and I'm very pleased to join your wonderful forum. My name is Colleen and I currently live in Wisconsin. I have 4 freshwater tanks going. My 75G is the main tank and it holds most of my beautiful African cichlids and a couple of striata botia loaches. The list is by common name & not all in the the same tank, mind you:

Kenyi - 1 male & 3 females
Cobalt Blue - 1 male
Moreii (blue dolphin) - 1 crazy male
White Pearl - 1 female
Red Zebra - 1 male & 2 females
Albino Red Peacock - 3 males & 3 females
Ice Blue Red Top Zebra - 1 male & 3 females
Acei - 1 male
Brichardi (fairy fish) - 3 unknown gender
Unidentified Blue Zebras - 1 male & 1 female
Yellow-fin Borleyei - 1 male & 2 females
Electric Blue Johanni - 2 males & 1 female
Demasoni - 1 male & 1 female
Tretocephalus Five Bar - 1 male & 2 females
Marlieri - 1 male & 1 female
Gold Ram - 1 male & 2 females
German Blue Ram - 2 males & 1 female
Blueberry Peacock - 1 male
Red Peacock - 1 male
Convict - 1 male & 2 females with 40 fry
Feeder Goldfish - 1 male (6" long-4 yes old)
Fancy Goldfish - 1 unknown gender (5" long - unknown age)

Whew!!! That's a lot of fish. I keep my tanks natural & the fishes like it that way. ;) I hope to both share and gain much knowledge here. You all seem so nice.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of this fabulous forum of fish enthusiasts!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome Colleen. That is a very impressive list to a noob like me. When you say they are "natural", dose that mean they don't shave? lol JK. Anyway, I would love to see a picture of your 75g.

Thank you for the welcome. Yes...they are European fish...they don't shave or bathe...lol. Here's my 75G tank of wonderful. What kind of tank & fishes do you have?

Attachments

• 1410136149590.jpg
    1410136149590.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 65
Welcome Colleen. That is a very impressive list to a noob like me. When you say they are "natural", dose that mean they don't shave? lol JK. Anyway, I would love to see a picture of your 75g.

Thank you for the welcome. Yes...they are European fish...they don't shave or bathe...lol. Here's my 75G tank of wonderful. What kind of tank & fishes do you have?

In case you haven't seen my reply to you... :)

Welcome! That's quite the collection of African modern European non shaving non bathing fish you have there. And such a pretty tank too :D They must be so fun to watch (having ADHD and even a simple majestic Betta is distracting let alone a bunch of active Chiclids running around LOL!)! Best wishes for a healthy tank and fishies!

You're awesome. Thanks so much for the kind words & giggles this morning! I needed that today. :D Are your tanks pictured somewhere on the site so I can see them?

Also, I'd like to comment that you sound just like me..."cichlids RUNNING around the tank". I too, talk like they have legs! You're very humorous...I like it. ;)

You're awesome. Thanks so much for the kind words & giggles this morning! I needed that today. :D Are your tanks pictured somewhere on the site so I can see them?

Also, I'd like to comment that you sound just like me..."cichlids RUNNING around the tank". I too, talk like they have legs! You're very humorous...I like it. ;)

No, no pictures yet as my photography is quite terrible (the only thing worse is my plant skills. I should probably be arrested for crimes against plant/algae kind LOL!) plus my tank is empty as a dreaded fungus killed off my first community tank :'( so I'm trying to get it to some semblance of a healthy aquatic environment. And you're more than welcome for the laughs. There's plenty more. Plus internet hugs. Hence my avatar being a Great White Shark asking if someone needs a hug :D

Back
Top Bottom