Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-02-2015, 03:14 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I appreciate that greatly. I have so many aspirations to improve the environment with live plants, and possibly an ro\di system eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 03-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddalice View Post
I appreciate that greatly. I have so many aspirations to improve the environment with live plants, and possibly an ro\di system eventually.

Live plants are fun too! I had some briefly when I had my old 20g Long FW tank is 2013. Of course in addition to them making the tank look good, I have read that they can improve water quality too.

I don't know that much about FW, but you may not need an RODI for the type of setup you have. I could be completely wrong, but I thought I read something about it taking out things in the water that FW fish should have in their water. I guess those things are put back in the water for saltwater fish through the salt mix? It might have something to do with buffering capacity. But like I said, I really am not sure. You would have to check with someone else first. Sorry about not being too knowledgeable on the topic! I am more experienced with marine aquariums, but I really love both!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:54 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I think you mean a CO2 system to help the plants grow? Like the person above me said, I think RODI systems are for saltwater? But anyway very nice tanks!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:05 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I know the difference between ro/di and co2 thnx. I have a high nitrate content in my tap water that's why i said ro/di, I would mix my tap water with the pure water to even it out some. Co2 isn't necessary if I plant heavily with low light plants. I've done a lot of research😛and always love learning more

Tags
intro, introduction

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com