Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oddalice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been keeping small aquariums for about two years. Two 10 and one 20 gallon for over two years. I just recently upgraded my twenty gallon to a 55. I've never had a hobby that I am so passionate about before this, and finally joined this forum to talk to other enthusiasts. My friends and family get kind of tired of hearing me ramble on about fish stuff all the time. Lol. Hoping to talk to some cool people and learn as much as I can ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424918077.079911.jpg one of my two gold gourami, and two of my Angelicius Botia loaches. There are also two bamboo shrimp, three more loaches, another gold gourami, and one tiny ghost shrimp in there!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424918253.344201.jpg oh I forgot I have a bristlenose Pleco too!

Lol tanks a bunch!

Can't wait to improve it. Ideas are welcomed

That's exactly what I was thinking too!

The aquarium looks great, I love the Bamboo Shrimp-I am a big fan of shrimp, they are so much fun!

Welcome to Aquarium Advice, by the way! :welcome:

I appreciate that greatly. I have so many aspirations to improve the environment with live plants, and possibly an ro\di system eventually.

I appreciate that greatly. I have so many aspirations to improve the environment with live plants, and possibly an ro\di system eventually.

Live plants are fun too! I had some briefly when I had my old 20g Long FW tank is 2013. Of course in addition to them making the tank look good, I have read that they can improve water quality too.

I don't know that much about FW, but you may not need an RODI for the type of setup you have. :) I could be completely wrong, but I thought I read something about it taking out things in the water that FW fish should have in their water. I guess those things are put back in the water for saltwater fish through the salt mix? It might have something to do with buffering capacity. But like I said, I really am not sure. You would have to check with someone else first. Sorry about not being too knowledgeable on the topic! I am more experienced with marine aquariums, but I really love both!

I think you mean a CO2 system to help the plants grow? Like the person above me said, I think RODI systems are for saltwater? But anyway very nice tanks!

I know the difference between ro/di and co2 thnx. I have a high nitrate content in my tap water that's why i said ro/di, I would mix my tap water with the pure water to even it out some. Co2 isn't necessary if I plant heavily with low light plants. I've done a lot of research?and always love learning more

Back
Top Bottom