Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

w8tah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi folks, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself

My name is Tim Holmes, and I'm the IT manager and Computer and Science teacher at Medina Christian Academy in Medina, Ohio.

For a couple years, I've had an old tank kicking around my office, and when some of my students were helping me move to a new office, they expressed an interest in having it set up. So its now up. It is nothing special, a 10 gallon tank with a basic forescent hood on it. Its got 5 neons, 4 blue danios, a rummy nose tetra in it, the filter is a basic second Nature whisperer J on the back and its got a small pump and bubbler strip for effect.

At home i have a tall 20 with an eclipse unit on it (that i love) but its been inactive for several years due to a bad location in the house (its not in my normal path of travel, and im thinking of bringing it here as well and setting it in the office also.

I have kept fish off and on for years, mostly tetras or guppies and get a great deal of enjoyment out of them.

Tim

welcome to aa!
glad to see you're bringing aquaria to some students, it can be a great learning tool. if you bring the 20 to school too, it would be a great opportunity to get into a different species and compare their activity to what's in the 10.

I may well do that - the tanks are a bit out of circulation being located in my office, and are really only accessable to my "Computer boys" a group of 5th grade boys who help me run our network (its a special group i can assure you) but i might -- im looking at my desk right now and i just might have the perfect spot for it. :)

we shall see

TIM

WELCOME TO AA!!

I have a buddy that came from Medina....Used to have the world's largest K-Mart or Wal-Mart....can't remember which...

Back
Top Bottom