Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hello all ^_^
I am new to your Aquarium Forum and have a question or two. My hubby and I are just starting out in fish keeping / breeding. We have a 55 gallon tropical fish aquarium. In it, we have Mickey Mouse Platies, Fancy Guppies and a few Glow Light Tetras. The tank is very healthy and at an almost constant temperature of 82 degrees. I have read that for a good breeding habitat, that's where the temp. should be. Is this true? Also, I think one of my Mickey Mouse Platy's is pregnant. When my guppies are pregnant, you can tell when they are about to give birth, by the dark gravid area....but how can you tell with the Mickey Mouse Platy? She dark red with a very defined black Mickey Mouse on her tail. She's so dark red, I don't think you'll be able to see the dark gravid area. Any suggestions?

Old 06-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPreciousAngel
Hello all ^_^
I am new to your Aquarium Forum and have a question or two. My hubby and I are just starting out in fish keeping / breeding. We have a 55 gallon tropical fish aquarium. In it, we have Mickey Mouse Platies, Fancy Guppies and a few Glow Light Tetras. The tank is very healthy and at an almost constant temperature of 82 degrees. I have read that for a good breeding habitat, that's where the temp. should be. Is this true? Also, I think one of my Mickey Mouse Platy's is pregnant. When my guppies are pregnant, you can tell when they are about to give birth, by the dark gravid area....but how can you tell with the Mickey Mouse Platy? She dark red with a very defined black Mickey Mouse on her tail. She's so dark red, I don't think you'll be able to see the dark gravid area. Any suggestions?

this will get the answer it needs if you start a new thread, posting in someone else's thread will greatly limit your responses.

Good luck though

Old 06-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Good things so far. Did a 50% water change this morning. Angel fish still spent a lot of time at top so went and bought a bubbler today then did a minor water change. About 30% and he seems to be swimming around alot more than he was. He does come to the surface from time to time but then goes back to swimming. Unfortunately I think he's blind as he keeps bumping into the plants and can't see food. I'll give it 24 hours and see how he is.

Thanks for the help guys.

Tags
advice, introduction

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com