Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Introductions are due

Hello all! I decided to join after lurking for the past few days. I just got back into the hobby after a good 12 year break and went to the internet for advice to learn to do this correctly this time. I wish I would have found you a few weeks sooner though. I seem to be going through a fish in cycle, well the fish are going through it...I'm just changing water and checking levels. I'll be making a post about that in a minute, as I can't seem to find all of the information that I'm looking for from a search.

Ideally, I will have a few tanks set up over the next few months. Current n00b tank is a 16 gallon bow front with aqueon power 10 filter and a couple of air stones attached to a whisper 20 air pump. Currently struggling to survive in the tank are 6 tiger barbs, 3 albino tiger barbs and 1 julii cory (I now know that they need more...just waiting to get the levels right to add a few buddies.) Considering increasing filtration as well. Advice is welcomed, as is criticism.

I'm a 33 year old married Marine Corps veteran with three children, a dog and now a few fish. I enjoy riding motorcycles, hunting, fishing , camping, as well as some indoor hobbies with the kids such as video games, puzzles and now aquariums.

So, that's enough to scratch the surface of me I guess. I'll go forth and make a please help me post now. TTYL

Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Welcome to the site Bud! Glad to have another Pennslyvanian here!

meegosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
you guys need to start movein east more twords ri
Almost as addicting as the hobby itself
Thanks for joining AA, Welcome to the Fold. Buy the way Your doomed.
xxwolfpackof1xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Bud, welcome to AA. you found the best forums on the net, a great bunch on here, lots of info.....Enjoy!!.

if at first you don't succeed - do it they way your wife told you
Scalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
Planted Tank Enthusiast

welcome to AA!

Check out my 50 Gallon Build
Coleallensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
Welcome to AA Bud,
Great to meet a fellow Veteran. I'm an 8 year Navy Vet myself with a 5 week old son so basically all of my free time is spent home now, and I just joined a few days ago myself and I'll be honest with you, this site is awesome! You will get all the info you ever needed and more. It's been a long time since I've had a fresh water tank but when I did I always went with Emporer Filters with Bio Wheels and they never did me wrong. Great choice with the Tiger Barbs I like the green ones. I had a couple of 55 gallon tanks and I would get about 6 to 8 of them so they could school up. Anyway welcome and good luck with you're tank.
Fishbone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks folks! Happy to be here, learning a ton, tank seems to be in good shape and I'm planning my next one.
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com