Is my guppy prego? ((new to this site, and breeding guppies!))

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hbear

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Im Holly, and I currently have a 6 gallon tank with 2 guppies, one is a male orange sunshine guppy, the other is a female with a pretty purple fin. They hit if off right away, and I am starting to wonder if my female is pregnant. She got really big in her stomach area after having her for only about a couple weeks. I went out and bought a Hornwort(I think thats what it was...it was a bushy hardy plant) because the guy at the petstore told me that the fry can hide in it. Anything else i should know about raising baby guppys, or how to know if my female guppy is pregnant? Here are some pictures, thanks for anyone who can help me!

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 145
  • guppy 2.jpg
    guppy 2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 175
  • guppy 3.jpg
    guppy 3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 181
Thankyou so much, I actually did get some today :)

Awe I hope she is they'd make beautiful offspring. Post pics of those little fry when they arrive , I can't wait to see how they'll look as they grow !

Def pregnant, just make sure and keep watch over her because you may want to scoop the youngins up after they are born.guppies are livebearers, meaning they are alive when birthed, so look for really tiny specks swimming around. If you leave them in the tank, there's a chance they could get eaten

Thanks for all the replies...I wasn't expecting that! Do you think that I should set up a whole other aquarium for the babies? I have an old aquarium, but the filter broke...does anyone know a good filter I should buy?

So my guppy finally gave birth after what seemed to be forever..I separated the babies and put them I'n a 2.5 gallon tank with no gravel. I didn't put gravel down, because I can hardly see them! Anyway I have 5 babies and plan to feed them frozen baby brine shrimp...any other advice? I'm new to this, so it'd be appreciated :)

A lot of lfs sell a food called first bites..its made specifically for fry. If not just. Crush up some flakes and drop em in

Put the crushed up flakes in the filter flow . Shoots it right in front of them so they are more likely to eat it .

Back
Top Bottom