Is my tank overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathansrz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I currently have a 36 gallon bow front from Aqueon.
I’m using a marine land 220 canister filter as my primary and a fluval 30 as my secondary.
My current live stock are: 2 angel fish
6 albino Cory catfish
1 blue neon dwarf Gourami
1 gold ram cichlid
1 ghost shrimp
The only thing I plan to add are more live plants,
But I want to know from those who are experienced in fish keeping is if my fish tank is overstocked?
I did let my tank go through the nitrogen cycle and is on week 6 with no issues
My water test results are ( nitrates 0, nitrites 0, Ammonia 0, water hardness- soft, ph 7.5)
I hope my short clip of my tank is available on this thread

Attachments

• 557B4D84-50AF-47BF-9D5F-651FA52E7C27.jpg
    557B4D84-50AF-47BF-9D5F-651FA52E7C27.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 46
Hello Jon...

You already have the fish in the tank, so it's a little late to think about overstocking it. But, you can keep those fish healthy with large, weekly water changes of 50 percent. More is always better when it comes to changing out the water. Fancy filters are nice, but won't keep the tank water clean. You're the changer of the water. Keeping the water clear of dissolved fish waste is your job. If you follow a sound water change routine, you'll never need to test the water. You'll know the chemistry is steady, but no slacking!

Did you do your compatibility homework? Hopefully, all the fish will get along with one another.

Plants are always a good thing. They help filter the water and provide nutrients for the fish. Floating plants are especially good. Anacharis, Water sprite, Hornwort, Water lettuce and Pennywort are easy to grow.

Have fun,

B

Thanks for the input
I do my weekly water changes and I’m using RO water, and I maintain my filters. I tried adding fish from South America only but I was pressured into getting the neon Gourami.
I did find that angles and Corys get along well.
So do gold rams and dwarf Gouramis.
So far the fish don’t mind each other, and I have one crypt, Anubia, two amazon swords, dwarf lily.

Back
Top Bottom