Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldog View Post
Coyotewildfire-- I agree. Our sons are 4 and 6, and we are all enjoying the tank and taking care of it. Not only is it relaxing, but it is interesting and exciting, too. The boys are thrilled whenever fish swim through their decorations. Plus, it's fun to try and solve tank mysteries, ie- why are my plants no longer in the gravel (turned out the gourami were pulling them out and eating the roots). It is a thoroughly rewarding hobby on many levels. I can see why people begin to accumulate multiple tanks.
I completely agree. Haha, my gourami loves plant roots too... Eats them almost incessantly. Nevertheless, best of luck to you and your family! Teaching them well they're young is the best way to set core values for them.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayeloquin View Post
OMGosh! I love the boat!

Welcome to AA!
"My life revolves around food. Feed the kids, feed the hubby, feed the public, feed myself...Then there are the fish. Who's begging is just priceless. Who would say no to the bubble poppers."

I completely agree with you about the food. If I'm not preparing it, I'm cleaning up after it, or I'm at the store buying it.
And, OMG!!! when our fish beg for food, it's just adorable. But, I do resists for their own good. Sometimes it's very hard to do.
But I started thinking about the begging thing....
If anyone else or anything else were to beg like the fish, Not only would we not tolerate it, we'd put a stop to it fast.
What is it that makes the fish begging so cute, and anyone else's so, not.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldog View Post
Thanks, all, for the warm welcome and advice. What a treat to log on to see so many people welcome me-- and with compliments on the tank, too. Thank you.

Tayeloquin-- I showed my son that you liked the boat he picked out, he was very happy and proud.

Coyotewildfire-- I agree. Our sons are 4 and 6, and we are all enjoying the tank and taking care of it. Not only is it relaxing, but it is interesting and exciting, too. The boys are thrilled whenever fish swim through their decorations. Plus, it's fun to try and solve tank mysteries, ie- why are my plants no longer in the gravel (turned out the gourami were pulling them out and eating the roots). It is a thoroughly rewarding hobby on many levels. I can see why people begin to accumulate multiple tanks.
Another welcome to AA. Your tank looks great and I loved hearing that yours is a family venture. Ours are also, it's a great family hobby, isn't it?.
I wasn't surprised to hear you say your son picked out the ship. My grandson picked out ships for both of the 55g tanks. One is a Pirate Ship, skull and all and the other is a Spanish Galleon. But to be honest, I really like the look of sunken ships in Aquariums
Old 04-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I completely agree... sadly my tank is pretty full up with plants, so I wouldn't be able to put in my sunken ship. Ah well... haha. Maybe later, after my Gudgeons are done using the rock as a breeding ground.

Tags
started

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com