It just keeps getting deeper and deeper...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

racedad68

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I finally decided to stop lurking and register. About a year ago my older son (13 at the time) came home with two goldfish in a plastic bag. Welcome to aquarium ownership!

Not that we're strangers to pet ownership, or hadn't thought about having fish, but that made for a frantic few days while we figured out what to do. Fortunately goldfish are tough; we had no place to keep them other than in the new/just-filled aquarium. Once that excitement settled down, little brother wanted his own fish, too. Then my wife, normally opposed to any additions to our household chores, voted for a third tank in the dining area. But so far we're just doing simple tanks with HOB filters and plastic plants.

A neighbor gave the boys a 50 gallon tank with stand, and it's sitting on the back porch while we ponder what to do with it. The only thing I know so far is where it will go--in the family room where we'll see it more and it'll get less sunlight than the other tanks. So I'll be reading and learning, trying to decide if I want to up the ante with, perhaps, some live plants or more challenging species. We like DIY projects, so I'll be interested in maybe building my own filtration system, anything I can do to make cleaning and water changes easier, and building custom lighting.

Welcome to AA! :)

Sounds like you're off to a great start towards serious multiple tank syndrome! lol

Back
Top Bottom