Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
It started with an offer of free fish....

So my adult niece was trying to give away her fish, and it got me thinking about getting goldfish for my new water garden. Her fish were not the right ones for water gardens, but I had this old 10 gallon aquarium my kids had used for a nonfish pet. I got the idea I would raise goldfish for my water garden, get them small and move them when they got bigger. After much research, I decided I need a bigger tank, and got a 29 gallon and a filter (both on sale). I like plants, so I wanted to have live aquarium plants not plastic. I have a 27 watt full spectrum fluorescent bulb I was using for indoor plants in the winter, and thought I could get away using that rather than buying a special aquarium hood. My husband made the aquarium stand with wood leftover from various projects around the house. The clear plastic lid was made from leftovers from another project. (Do we see a trend here?) Oh, and the water heater is one I bought years ago when I was trying to keep tropical water lilies indoors in the winter time.

I had an aquarium when I was a kid. (decades ago) I don't remember it being so complicated. How did I keep neon tetras, angelfish, guppies, and a catfish and a red tail shark (at least, that's what I remember having) alive in what was probably a 20 gal tank?
CRPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Hi :) | hi new »