It's been a while, hey guys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know it's been a while. I've been pretty busy, put my tanks on the back burner for a while, and recently I've had the time to put some work into them.

Here's my 29g semi-aggressive
Just updated the sand yesterday.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425868207.053643.jpg

Here's the 15g tall community
This was my first real tank, I love it so much... I haven't had to do hardly anything with it.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425868298.599717.jpg

A month or two ago I decided to pick up this little 5g bowfront. Lol the plan was to set it up for my mom for her birthday, but her boyfriend bought her a 10g. But I've started to fall in love with it. Sooo, I'm gonna let her choose, although I'm not sure she wants to maintain two tanks. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425868467.998052.jpg

And the newest addition (set up on Saturday)
A 10g saltwater tank. (I know small tanks are harder to maintain, I couldn't afford a huge set up now, but I'm saving up for one.) Long story short I was suppose to dissect him in a repro class I'm in (pre-vet animal science student) and I refused, and took him home. Hopefully he survives, but he had a few pretty rough days. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425868641.368664.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425868933.222116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey hey! Long time no talk! Looks like you've been busy. Tanks look great.

^ yes it's been forever. It's been pretty crazy, almost done with my BS in animal science, applying to vet school this fall. :) how about you?

Also here's the stock list:

29g
Random assortment of platinum green, green, albino, and regular barbs, I have about 10

7 Cory cats (5 peppered and 2 skunks)

1 African lead fish

* I've been trying to keep rubber lip plecos, I'll have one for for about 3 months and then he'll go missing.

* I tried a couple of flying foxes, they didn't do very well either.

* I'm not sure what type of algae eater will work lol, luckily I have an amazing magnet scrubber from Aquaeon which I love

The 15g

2 blue Rams
1 honey (dwarf) gourami
4 emerald eye tetras
3 Pygmy cats
1 or 2 ottos

The 5g

3 cobra guppies
3 orchid endlers
3 Pygmy cats
Will be adding an assassin snail soon

The 10g (salt)

Just a sea urchin unsure of his species. I think he may be a green urchin.

All my tanks have at least double filtration (my 29 has 3x the filtration) as well as plants.

Wow, you've certainly come along way, tank and school-wise. I shall call you the "Urchin Saver". I have 2 and a half tanks (one is a QT). I actually bought some fish after a 844 day hiatus (that's 2 years 16 weeks and 2 days). Otos, ember tetras, CPDs, and Furcata forktail rainbows.

Oh, he/she will be fine for much longer. I have heard of some that are fine with small fish but it isn't common. Has yours been with the barbs for a while if so I think he/she would been fine.

Yeah I got him when he was tiny, like the size of a quarter. My tiger barbs sometimes chase him, and normally turns around and chases them back.

I have had a few of my tiger barbs lose their tails, I thought it was the bigger tiger barbs picking on each other since I never see the African leaf fish chase any one.

I'll keep and eye on him.
He's super cool, sometimes he yawns his mouth is huge, I've feed him crickets before.

Welcome back! Your tanks look great, they make me want my old 20g FW back! (I put a 29g BioCube in it's place which I love, but I wish I kept both). It didn't work at the moment to keep both, but I plan on getting another FW someday. :)

Oh, and I just love that Honey Gourami, beautiful colors and very cute!

I'm curious, having different types of FW fish, do you modify your water in anyway (changing hardness, pH, etc.) for the different tanks? I always was curious about that when I had FW, as some people said most fish are fine in dechlorinated tap water, while other recommend you tailor the water to the specific fishes' needs.

I have always just used my tap water that I treat with conditioner. I've heard that once you start changing pH, hardness, etc... It becomes a continuous thing and can become a pain and you can hurt your fish more than help. It's not normally the actually parameter that harms your fish, but the change in parameters too fast.
And I don't trust a lot of those products.

I love Seachem's Prime and stability. As well as API's Stress Coat.

The only thing that I have started to do differently between the tanks, is that I'm using RO water with my 15g, it's slightly softer than my tap water, the Rams live much longer in softer water.

And the salt water tank can only have RO water.

Back
Top Bottom