Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territoons
I am doing a PWC right now on the 25 gallon tank and I was going to test the water as soon as the tank is full again. Probably within the hour. (i tey to add the water slowly) As for Krusty, I was thinking of making a saltwater "dip" in a small container that was a little more concentrated, leave him in it for 5 or 10 minutes, and then put him back in his 1.5 gallon hospital room. Is that a good plan?
I don't like dips... They're too stressful on the fish. Also, since salt helps stop the infection, dipping would be like putting neosporin on a cut, then wiping it off 10 minutes later... It helps a little bit, but doesn't help as much as if you keep it on. When you fill back up, treat the whole tank for ich with the salt, and just fill up krusty's 1.5 gallon with some of the water. Also, don't mix the water in the tank... Mix it in a different bucket before pouring it in.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

How much salt per gallon?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #23

One tablespoon per 5 gallons... So you do the math lol. I think it's an eighth of a teaspoon lol. It'd be easier just to dose the main tank, and take the water out of there.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks....I have a friend who is a math expert and I will let HIM do the math! Hahah! And I will dose up Krusty's li'l hospital tank right away. I'm about done filling the 25 gallon tank. I'll send you the test results as soon as I figure out how to work the test kit.

I want to do another PWC tomorrow and maybe Sunday.. Whatever it takes to get this blasted medicine color out of the tank. Should I salt the tank up now? Or wait until I am done with the PWC's?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Thanks....I have a friend who is a math expert and I will let HIM do the math! Hahah! And I will dose up Krusty's li'l hospital tank right away. I'm about done filling the 25 gallon tank. I'll send you the test results as soon as I figure out how to work the test kit.

I want to do another PWC tomorrow and maybe Sunday.. Whatever it takes to get this blasted medicine color out of the tank. Should I salt the tank up now? Or wait until I am done with the PWC's?
Use the last bit of water to mix the salt in. Then wait 15 minutes and test. So how are you going to dose the salt for krusty's QT?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Slightly less than a teaspoon,
Old 06-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

While I have you on the hook (pun intended) one of the pet smart people told me that guppies were "turbulent sensitive". I have an under gravel filter, and a fluval U2 filter and an airstone under a rock. My tank IS pretty turbulent. My fish seem happier with all the current...but what do I know?

What do YOU think? I like the bubbles, the kids like the air bubbles, and I swear the fish do, too. Even the snails crawl over the bubbling rock and get caught in the upstream, and then turn around and do it again. I dont know how smart a snail is, but....The fish seemed to get better AFTER I installed the FluVal filter. Am I hurting my fish? All the sick problems came BEFORE the turbulence.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #28

no that's more bettas. if your fish arent struggling your ok.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #29

Quote:
While I have you on the hook (pun intended) one of the pet smart people told me that guppies were "turbulent sensitive". I have an under gravel filter, and a fluval U2 filter and an airstone under a rock. My tank IS pretty turbulent. My fish seem happier with all the current...but what do I know?

What do YOU think? I like the bubbles, the kids like the air bubbles, and I swear the fish do, too. Even the snails crawl over the bubbling rock and get caught in the upstream, and then turn around and do it again. I dont know how smart a snail is, but....The fish seemed to get better AFTER I installed the FluVal filter. Am I hurting my fish? All the sick problems came BEFORE the turbulence.
You're fine lol, the petsmart people don't know squat.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here are my test results:
PH is 8
Ammonia is .50
Nitrite is 0
Nitrate is 0

So now what do I do?

(by the way, I have new baby fishies in my tank! When I got enough of the meds cleared out so I could see, I was pleasantly surprised with at least 5 new babies!)

Tags
ich, newbie

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com