I've made ALL the mistakes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although it will continue to color the water for some time, It is my belief that for a community tank made up of south american or soft water fish driftwood will greatly benefit your tank. In fact, I have a community planted tank and have inadvertently bred species that were deemed wild-catch only. For some reason the addition of driftwood makes many tank inhabitants quite happy.

Just something to think about.

Your tank is beautiful! I wouldn't ditch the dw with all the effort you have put in. Are you trying the carbon? Even it its just for awhile. I agree it would look natural with tea color water but understand your frustration! Hang in there! You have a real gift for aquascaping!:cool:(y)

I just wanted to thank you so much for sharing your ordeal, with all it's frustrations, as well as victories, with all of us. I'm a grandma, who has spent the first 5 years of my retirement taking care of my, then, youngest (and 9th) granddaughter while her Momma worked. So, it was with great admiration that I followed your story and your gift for sharing with the kiddies, and their enjoyment and excitement in the progress. Congratulations on your success, and on your VERY impressive gift of creativity and ingenuity. I had been thinking of trying to DIY something along those lines, but never got very far with it. Your water change barrel is just genious. Awesome.

Well Thank you very much for the compliments. I'm very much enjoying my fishies, and my kiddies, and my DIY projects, successes and disasters alike! It's all good.

Oh, and I love the friends I've made on this site, as well! Thank you all for your help and support!

Back
Top Bottom