I've made ALL the mistakes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when I get ready to do this, you'll have to tell me about QT. But it wont be for awhile. I'm going to take this slow and easy..... :)

ok...one more question...and then I'll give you a second to catch up...and I'll write it down so you don't have to tell me again...what numbers do I want in my water tests?

Territoons said:
is that in addition to what I have? or is that the total suggested fish?

Any other varieties? what about a betta? or anything else? I like variety.... :)

Unless you got rid of the mollies, guppies, or platys, you're pretty close lol.
You could do a betta, but you'd have to pick between Betta or gourami. :)

Territoons said:
ok...one more question...and then I'll give you a second to catch up...and I'll write it down so you don't have to tell me again...what numbers do I want in my water tests?

With the API kit,
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
Under 20 nitrate
Ph between 6.0 and 8.0

Territoons said:
when I get ready to do this, you'll have to tell me about QT. But it wont be for awhile. I'm going to take this slow and easy..... :)

You'll need another tank for QT, just buy a second filter/heater and an empty ten gallon. Run the QT filter/heater on the main tank and switch it over to the QT when you need it. Move the 2nd heater as well. When your done, transfer Fish and assuming there were no illnesses, put the QT filter back on. If there were, scrub the filter and heater out with regular tap water and totally replace the filter media. Then add it back onto the main tank. There... I think I've gotten all your questions lol.

thank you for the numbers.
I wrote it down in my little instruction booklet
pick between a betta and a gourami...wow..thats tough..I think gouramis..can I get a pair or three?

Territoons said:
thank you for the numbers.
I wrote it down in my little instruction booklet
pick between a betta and a gourami...wow..thats tough..I think gouramis..can I get a pair or three?

I'm afraid there's a one per tank rule :( they're like bettas... You can't have more then one in a tank. Unless it's more then 75 gallons lol.

Territoons said:
no..I like livebearers better than tetras....why can't they be together? Do tetras like fish fry dinners?

No, you just have a very full stocking list lol. :) moving them would give you more space.

gouramis fight like bettas? i thought I remembered having a pair when I was a kid....but then I don't remember being very successful in my fishy ventures back then.... or is it a space requirement?

Territoons said:
gouramis fight like bettas? i thought I remembered having a pair when I was a kid....but then I don't remember being very successful in my fishy ventures back then.... or is it a space requirement?

Yes, they are in the same family as bettas actually, and they both have that "fight with my own species" antic. Gouramis don't have it as bad though. So it's just with their own species. Bettas can be aggressive with others that look like them ;)

Territoons said:
Wow! I never knew that. Wow....What a hard choice..betta or gourami. Are betta's hard to keep in a community tank?

Not really. I'd do a gourami in that setup though. Guppies can be sketchy with bettas. They kind of look like them. Also, the red tailed shark might get nippy with the long fins on a betta. :)

Back
Top Bottom