john coles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johncoles54

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just to tell you a little about myself ( I'm not very good at spelling so please excuse me)
I am a happily single chap of 54 and I have always kept fish of some kind. At the moment I have 2 small tanks set up with betta fish ( one tank has blue the other has red fish) I also have 2 3ft tanks which I have my bigger fish in eg parrot fish elephant nose fish, black ghost knife fish, angels fire mouths gouramis, black, white and silver sharks, son leaper perch.
I also keep axolotls of which I have 6 , I have had these for about 1.5 years, I like the unusual kind of fish and enjoy looking up about how to keep them.

Hi John,
Do your betta have more than one in each tank? Can you have more than one in the same tank? I heard they would fight.
Thanks,
Bill

Yes in each tank I have 1 male and 6 female betta's but some HAVE changed sex to male but all getting on OK. Was told that if you buy bettas from a pet shop then 80% of females will turn out to be males as very difacult to sex when young.:

Back
Top Bottom