joined the site because i need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishiac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi and thanks to all reading....I got two albino tiger barbs not knowing anything about them :confused: and got a little one gallon goldfish starter bowl:( they both died so when i figured out they needed a filter and a heater i went out and bought a ten gallon tank and got three new fish(albino tiger barbs)and before i knew it they they were all attacking each other eventualy i took them back and got 3 cardinal tetras:( two got stuck to the filter and the other one is in the tank alone.How do i stop them from getting stuck and should i bother with that type of fish???

Welcome to the site.
Check out my sig file to learn more about cycling and browse through some of the articles.
I would pose your questions in the FW getting started section for better advice.

Roka posted excellent articles. Do read them.

One very important quality to have in fishkeeping is patience. I suggest you return the healthy fish to the store, and do some reading, chat here about combinations of fish you'd like to keep, and after your tank has cycled, then go buy some compatible fish.

Tetras are usually great fish in a 10 gallon, but they may not be hardy enough to survive cycling, so the tank should be cycled before they arrive. Usually if fish are stuck in the filter it's because they are sick or injured and lost the ability to swim. It's not usually the fault of the filter.

thank you dskidmore

Roka posted excellent articles. Do read them.

One very important quality to have in fishkeeping is patience. I suggest you return the healthy fish to the store, and do some reading, chat here about combinations of fish you'd like to keep, and after your tank has cycled, then go buy some compatible fish.

Tetras are usually great fish in a 10 gallon, but they may not be hardy enough to survive cycling, so the tank should be cycled before they arrive. Usually if fish are stuck in the filter it's because they are sick or injured and lost the ability to swim. It's not usually the fault of the filter.
i'll see how he's doing and if he's ok ill take him back.Do you have any opinions on compadeble fish and easy to take care of fish??

Do you have any opinions on compadeble fish and easy to take care of fish??
The easiest fish to take care of is the one you enjoy taking care of, because you like them. :)

I suggest you browse your local fish store, and jot down the names of some of the fish you like, and then we can discuss which of those are easiest to care for in a 10 gallon tank.

Welcome to AA! For fish that get stuck to the filter, you can use a prefilter or make one out of a sponge from an Aquaclear filter by cutting a slit in the sponge and sliding it over the filter intake.

Back
Top Bottom